Monday 15 October 2012

This or that? Tagtime!

I love doing tags, especially beauty ones. I think they're fun, lighthearted and if I enjoy reading then hopefully you will too! I got this particular tag from Beaumaquillagex.



Makeup

1. Blush or bronzer? Blush. At the moment I don't own a decent bronzer. I love using peachy coral blushes with a hint of golden shimmer which add warmth to my face.

2. Lipgloss or lipstick? Lipstick. I prefer having my lip products stay put for a long time and love how intense lipstick colours are.

3. Chapstick or lip butter? Definitely my lip butter. I adore Revlon Lip Butters and can't wait to purchase some more!

4. Matte or sparkle eye shadow? Ideally a shadow with a metallic look or a slight subtle glow rather than a shimmer. I think sparkles are really unflattering on my eyes.

5. Eyeliner or mascara? Definitely mascara, I won't leave the house without it on! It just makes you look so much more awake and put together. I'd rather not wear foundation than not wear mascara.

6. Gel, liquid, cream or pencil eyeliner? Probably pencil due to the smudgey effect they give. Liquid is a little too precise for me and I've never tried the other two. A good, soft pencil is hard to beat.

8. Liquid or powder foundation? Normally I'd say liquid, but I adore my bareMinerals powder foundation!

9. Neutral or statement eyes? I normally play safe with neutral, but I love bold eyes if they are done well!

10. Pressed or loose shadow? Pressed. I think you get more for your money and I'm yet to see someone come out with a palette of loose shadows.

11. Waterproof or non-waterproof? Non-waterproof. Waterproof products just take so long to take off and take piles of rubbing and scrubbing. Seeing as I don't have problems with makeup smudging, and I'm not generally out in the rain, I just don't see the point!

12. Brush, sponges or fingers? Brushes! Just don't see the point in sponges as they absorb half the product and fingers make makeup all smeary and I try to avoid touching my face with my hands in order to avoid breakouts.

13. Powder, cream or liquid highlighter? Liquid. I like to dab a few dots of it on my cheekbones and browbone and just think liquid highlighters give a much more natural glow.

14. Contouring or no contouring? I currently don't contour my face, but I'm really interested in starting!

15. Red, bright or nude lips? None. I'm into rosy, corally lips.



Nails

1. OPI or Essie? Haven't tried either!

2. Acrylic or natural? Natural. Acrylics absolutely destroy your own nails!

3. Brights or darks? Brights. I wear brights all year round, very rarely do I use dark nail polishes.

4. Matte or shiny? I haven't bought a matte topcoat yet, but I do love matte looks. Especially matte glitter looks!

5. Glitter or no glitter? I adore glitter. So much. Hate it on my face, love it on my nails! I just wish it was easier to remove!

6. Short, medium or long? Medium. I'm pretty busy and active, so I find long nails break too easily. Also, no one likes claws!



Body

1. Perfume or body spray? Definitely perfume. I'd rather have a scent on just my neck and wrists rather than all over my body and perfume lasts a lot longer.

2. Lotion or body butter? Body butter. I'm normally lazy with moisturising my body, so whenever I do get around to it, I like a really deep treatment that will last longer! I also love the way body butters smooth onto the skin and slowly sink in, without leaving a greasy, wet residue like a lotion.

3. Body wash or soap? Body wash. I've always been told that soap isn't great for your skin, so I try to avoid it at all costs.

4. Self tanners, tanning salon or au naturale? Self tanners. I have legs that seem to reject all fake tan, so being able to top up at home is a bonus for me. Anyone who has any tips for making fake tan stay on your legs? Let me know!

5. Body brush, exfoliating glove or body scrub? Body scrub. I think it gives the best exfoliation and smells great!



Fashion.

1.  Jeans or sweat pants? Jeans - although I would never leave the house in them, I do love my sweats and live in them at home!

2. Long sleeve or short? Generally short. I find long sleeves get in the way and can look a little frumpy.

3. Dresses or skirts? I love dresses, mostly because you don't have to find a matching top to go with them! I'm not lazy... I swear. Seriously though, I love how dresses give you a feminine look and come in so many styles to suit every body shape.

4. Stripes or plaid? Stripes. Plaid is ugly. Haters gon' hate.

5. Flip flops or sandals? Sandals, flip flops kill my feet! I wish I could walk around in flip flops all day, but the blisters they give me are crazy.

6. Scarves or hats? Don't really wear either to be honest!

7. Studs or dangly earrings? Dangly earrings! I think they're gorgeous! However, if I had my ears pierced I'd probably stick to mainly studs. I'm always moving around and being active and would end up getting my earrings caught in everything.

8. Necklaces or bracelets? Bracelets. I find necklaces just get caught in my hair or clothes and annoy me. Probably due to the aforementioned 'can't sit still' problem I have.

9. Heels or flats? Heels for going out, flats for daytime. My feet would be wrecked if I wore heels every day.



Hair.

1. Curly or straight? Wavy is definitely my favourite look. I just wish I could achieve it easier with my thick, long hair.

2. Bun or ponytail? Probably bun. As my hair is getting longer, pony tails look a bit strange and tickle the back of my neck, which drives me mad. I've been practicing doing messy buns around the house - not sure if I'm ready to brave the outside world yet though!

3. Long or short? Long! I've been growing my hair all summer and I'm about an inch away from my ideal length. If you'd like tips on maintaining long hair - let me know!


I tag all my followers to do this tag! Link me your answers in the comments below! x

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hun!

    It is lovely to read a bit more about you:) I stopped doing the tags, because I don't know I guess I don't really like to do it, but I do like to read others!! Thanks for tagging me :) Ixx

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely post! i might do one of these myself :)

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // youtube

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win the UD naked basics palette, RT brushes and essie polishes! click here.

    ReplyDelete