Wednesday 1 August 2012

Review | Rimmel London 60 Seconds Nail Polish

Frequent readers of my blog might remember that a fortnight ago I went shopping with my friend Emma and posted the second instalment of my "Hitlist Haul" (click here to view). One of the products I was most excited about trying was the Rimmel London 60 Seconds Nail Polish in the shade 819 Green with Envy.


Green with Envy is a sea green shade with a metallic shimmer. I was a little disappointed that it wasn't quite the gorgeous duochrome shade in the bottle, but soon began to love it for what it is! The colour is very flattering on all skin tones and I love its slightly metallic finish. It looks green in some lights and blue in others, which I love! This is a really adaptable shade which goes with a lot of different outfits and always looks fab whether you have a tan or not!


Rimmel claim that this nail polish delivers "1 second application thanks to the XpressTM brush which dries in less than 60 seconds to achieve picture perfect nail colour in a flash!" and I couldn't agree more!


The colour goes easily onto the nails thanks to the extra wide brush, and while it takes me a little longer than 1 second, I'd agree that it's fast! The drying time is fantastic - I apply two coats to give a nice opaque colour and they will be dried in a maximum of 90 seconds. This is brilliant for me, as I often chip and smudge my nail polish while waiting for it to dry. The colour is definitely stunning. If I had to criticise this polish, I would say that the application is a little bit streaky when viewed closely, but from a foot away looks perfect so I really cannot complain!

 I'm definitely going to look into buying more nail polishes from this line as I'm so impressed with this one! Also they are a fantastic price - £3.69! In addition, selected Rimmel products are 3 for 2 at Superdrug currently, so you have no excuse to pick this one up!

Rimmel London 60 Seconds Nail Polish in 819 Green with Envy is available from Boots and Superdrug for £3.69.

4 comments:

  1. I love this colour - its right up my street. i love anything blue/green at the moment! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I love blues, especially on my toes and this blue/green shade is a lovely change. Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it xx

      Delete
  2. I love this Rimmel line as well! The polishes dry very quickly, which makes it so much easier to apply two or more coats. However, I wrote about this in a blog post as well, i think it's such a shame the nail polish doesn't last long on the nails! Nevertheless it's a good line :).

    I have the same colour but from Catrice! It doesn't streak and it's one of my favourite colours. I call it my mermaid colour! Since it reminds me of a mermaid tail :) It doesn't dry as quickly as the Rimmel but it still does dry quickly. And it stays for days when i apply 2 coats!

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This polish actually lasted surprisingly long on my nails! But I think it might be due to the fact that I apply quite a few coats to my nails any time I paint them :) I love Rimmel polishes! xx

      Delete