Wednesday 15 August 2012

Review | Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer

The Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer is something which has been on my 'to buy list' for an extremely long time. Beauty Vloggers Holly Arabella and Fleur de Force are big fans, so I thought it was time I tried it out for myself. Lasting Perfection is Collection's best selling concealer. It was this concealer that has since led me to try out other Collection cosmetics, as I had previously dismissed the brand as being 'tacky, cheap and nasty'.


Collection claims that this product is "an ultimate wear concealer which conceals flaws, imperfections and blemishes for up to 16 hours. It is transfer proof and water resistant for full and long lasting coverage. It provides beautiful, shine-free, blemish-free skin for every waking hour."


Do I agree? Yes and no. This concealer definitely packs a punch. It masks blemishes, redness and even scars very well. This is an extremely full coverage concealer which I am happy to wear daily to cover my imperfections and to prep troublesome areas for further foundation. As for the 16 hour wear time? I disagree. This concealer needs topped up every eight to nine hours on my skin. While this doesn't bother me, it might disappoint some. Concealer doesn't stay very well on my skin at the best of times, however. It is quite matte and definitely controls shine and oiliness. I haven't tested its water resistance however!

The main downside to this concealer is the smell. Oh my, this boy is strong. The only way I can describe it is that it smells like the very strong, full coverage foundation older women wear, times two. For this reason, I don't use this concealer on the sensitive skin around my nose and my eyes. The scent does fade with wear, but I'm not a fan.


 This concealer comes in four shades which should flatter most skin types. However, there isn't much choice for those with very dark or very pale skin tones unfortunately. Also, this concealer does oxidate and dry a slightly darker colour than when applied wet (see swatches below) so do allow time for this concealer to dry before leaving the house! I am the palest shade (Fair 1) and this shade suits my skin tone very well, but if you're much paler than I am (ghostbuster white!) then it might be too yellow/orange based for your skin tone.

L: Once dried R: Fresh application

Application is very simple due to the doe foot applicator which dispenses just the right amount of product to cover a few blemishes or a large area of discoloured skin. I usually apply with the applicator straight onto my skin, then blend with my fingers or a foundation brush.

L: Blended R: Fresh application

I would definitely rate this as one of my all-time favourite concealers due to its amazing coverage and easy application. However, the smell does let this product down. Despite the fact its wear time is not 16 hours as it claims, it will easily last during a day at work or a night out. I would rate this concealer 4/5 and will definitely be repurchasing it in the future.

Collection Concealer is available from Boots, Gordons Chemists, Lloyds Pharmacy, ASDA, Morrisons, Wilkinson, Tesco and Superdrug for £4.19.

No comments:

Post a Comment