Saturday 4 August 2012

Haul | MUA Madness!


Yesterday I had some time to kill before meeting my friends so I decided to pop into Superdrug for a look. Despite planning to go 'purely to look' I couldn't stop myself when it came to the MUA stand! MUA is probably one of my favourite brands due to their great quality products at amazing prices. All of their traditional lines are £1 and their professional range costs between £2 and £4 - can't complain with that!

[L-R Shade 20, Shade 5 & Shade 4]


First up I bought three polishes from the MUA £1 collection. The shades I chose were 20, 5 and 4. 20 is a bright, true fuchsia pink. It doesn't have blue undertones which I love about this polish, as blue undertones tend to make me look even paler! 5 is a pale teal colour which looks absolutely amazing with a tan. 4 is a red-based coral which didn't look that special in the bottle, but looks amazing on the nails. This a bright shade which makes your hands look really healthy and glowing. It is such a lovely, warm colour.

[L-R I <3 U, I Want U]


The next shades that caught my eyes were from the Love Hearts collection. I chose I <3 U and I Want U. I Want U is a bright orange, verging on neon without being as 'tacky' as neon. It's a really good dupe for Models Own Beach Party from the Hed Kandi range. Beach Party is a little more yellow based, but I actually prefer I Want U as it is a warmer tone.

[L-R Shade 4, I Want U, I <3 U, Shade 5, Shade 20)




 Here are all the shades painted on my nails. (Excuse the cut on my finger, got it caught on a buckle!)


The next product I bought was a lipstick from their original range. I bought it in Shade 7 which is a pink coral with a beautiful shimmer. I'm not a fan of overly sparkly lipsticks or glosses but this is just the perfect amount of shimmer to brighten your face and make your lips look well moisturised and gorgeous!


As you can see from the swatches above it is a very pigmented lipstick. The right swatch is after one stroke and the left is after three strokes. To boot, I'm not sure whether this is the case for all of the shades in the range, but this particular one smells of vanilla! Absolutely lush!

Finally I picked up the Mosiac Bronzer in Shade 2 Sunkissed Glow.


This is a very pink-based bronzer which is ideal for giving you a really natural flush of colour without making you look 'orange' or like your face is dirty!


As you can see, the bronzer contains peach, nude, pink and brown shades. Each of these shades would be difficult to use individually as a bronzer but could be used individually as eyeshadow shades.


[L-R All colours together, individual shades]

Overall, when used together this mosaic bronzer gives a peachy bronze glow to the skin with a subtle shimmer. However, if I feel the shimmer is a bit too much I can use the bottom half of the bronzer which doesn't contain any heavily shimmered sections.

Yes, I went a little crazy at the MUA counter! Let me know your favourite MUA products in the comments below x

5 comments:

  1. Lov it, u should chek mine out over at aqeela-keela.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the nail varnishes are so pretty :) Still need to try them! xx

    http://belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they? I'm a big fan of them as they last surprisingly long without chipping! xx

      Delete
  3. never tried MUA polishes - i might have to though, theyre so bargainous :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! Come join the dark side and become addicted to them ;) x

      Delete