Thursday 9 August 2012

1S2L Tutorial #1 | Duo Eyeliner

 This is the start of my 1S2L series which stands for "One Style Two Looks" in which I will show you how to take a trend and wear it in two different ways to suit different events, times of year or even just your mood!

As much as I love my neutral eye looks, I was getting a little bored with your traditional light all over the lid colour with a smudgy brown in the crease. While looking through my makeup drawers (which I made here) I found a turquoise eyeliner I hadn't used in a while and was wondering how I could use it without making my eyes look too crazy! So I came up with the idea of using a duo liner look to really make your eyes pop!
 

First of all, I primed my eyes with an illuminating concealer and a neutral wash of a sand coloured eyeshadow. I also highlighted my brow bones with a creamy white eyeshadow.


For my first look I created a thick line with the turquoise eyeliner, winging it out slightly. I did so by drawing the upper line and then colouring in down to the lash line.


Then, to create the duo eyeliner effect, sweep a fine line of black liquid liner across the lashline. Please excuse my rather shakey eyeliner skills - hand eye co-ordination was never my strong point!

You could finish the look there, or for extra sparkle sweep a purple glitter liquid eyeliner or some purple loose pigment glitter across the lashline, over the top of the black. Gaga eat your heart out! Finish with a few coats of mascara or a pair of falsies and you're done! However, despite how fun this look is, it might not go down too well at the office. For a more natural daytime look, read on!


For my second look I used a golden eyeliner to create a thick line with a slight wing. I then lined my upper lash line with a chocolate brown eyeliner to create this lovely neutral look.


If you want to spice it up a little, simply line your waterline with the chocolate brown eyeliner and smudge some of the gold eyeliner just beneath your lower lashes. Finish with one coat of brown or black mascara - it's up to you!


And you're done! Two fab, very different looks using the same technique! Which is your favourite? Let me know in the comments below and be sure to send me a few pictures if you've tried out this look yourself! x

Products used: Rimmel Match Perfecting Illuminating Concealer, MUA Heaven & Earth palette, 17 Perfect Definition Eyeliner in Emerald Green, Rimmel Exaggerate Eyeliner in 100% Black, Nkdskn Glojob iGroove Eyeliner, Bourjois Kohl and Contour Shadow and Light duo eyeliner in Brun/Caramel, Maybelline the Colossal Volum' Express mascara.

2 comments:

  1. You've got pretty eyes!! Love this tutorial :) Ixx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :') They're looking a bit tired and dark at the minute, life's been stressful! x

      Delete