Sunday 22 July 2012

What If All My Makeup Disappeared?


I saw this post first on Louise's blog (The Beauty of Louise) and thought it was such a clever idea for a post. The general background is that I've woken up one day and all my makeup has spontaneously disappeared. After crying my eyes out for a day (or seven) these would be the first 10 items that I would sprint to the shops to repurchase.

Yes, I'm a little bit of a bareMinerals obsessive!

1. BareMinerals Original SPF 15 Foundation in Fairly Light. I have loved the foundation since the day I purchased it. After previously being a Matte fan, I have switched over to the Original/Luminous formulation and haven't looked back! It gives medium, buildable coverage with a radiant glowing finish without looking shiny or greasy. I can apply it in thirty seconds without a mirror if need be (an amazing feat given my lack of hand-eye coordination...) and just utterly love it!

2. BareMinerals Prime Time Foundation Primer. This is such a miracle product. It's only when I went without using it a few days ago that I realised how amazing it is at defending my foundation against dry patches, oily patches, uneven colouration and enlarged pores. It also leaves me feeling fresh faced for longer - say goodbye to half worn patchy foundation!

3. BareMinerals Ready Blush in The Aphrodisiac. I struggle to find words to describe my love for this blush. A beautiful peachy coral shade that instantly warms up my pale complexion and gives a subtle gold shimmer without glitter or sparkle (I run a mile from most sparkly makeup products!) which I adore!

4. Revlon Colourburst Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie. After having to rather sorrowfully reject Peach Parfait (loved the colour - detested the sparkle!) I desperately tried to find another shade that would fill the void. I didn't expect much of Berry Smoothie from the images online, but when I swatched it myself, oh my it was lovely. A lovely warm pink berry tone the exact shade of a mixed berry smoothie drink with no sparkle (yay!) and a moisturising, glossy finish - what is there not to love? Does it fill the hole in my heart left by Peach Parfait? Nearly, very nearly.

5. Rimmel London Match Perfection Skin Tone Adapting 2 in 1 Concealer and Highlighter in 010 Ivory. On paper, I should hate the product. How can a product designed to conceal my dark circles also highlight my cheekbones? I was sceptical to say the least. I decided to try it however, and I now need this in my life. It provides great coverage for my under eye circles and good coverage for blemishes. It gives my skin a lovely highlighted glow without being greasy or shiny looking. The cherry on the top? It adapts to suit my skin tone whether I'm ghostly pale or reasonably tanned (usually thanks to a bottle of St Moriz...) so I can use it all year round!


6. MUA Heaven and Earth Palette. This palette and I have become firm friends. I didn't use to wear eyeshadow all that much, but since I've gotten this palette I've become a dab hand at a neutral eye. Crease colours, browbone highlights, inner corner highlights, darker lashines - you can do them all with this one palette! It's hard to put into words how great this palette is, and I also use one of the colours for my eyebrows which is handy for travelling!

7. Clear Mascara. Unfortunately the name has rubbed off this mascara, so I'm no sure who it's by! However, I love using clear mascara to both hold the curl of my eyelashes, apply a semi water resistant layer to my regular mascara and to set my eyebrows! Yes, I'm too cheap to buy eyebrow gel!

8. Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal Mascara. The perfect combination of volume and length. Gives the roots of my lashes serious volume while giving extra length to the ends. I love this look and therefore this mascara! You can also use to to create the 'doll eyed' clumpy spider look that most people seem to love, but I'll stick to my way!

9. Barry M Nail Paint in 292 Navy. Just a beautiful everyday nail polish. A rich navy colour with a beautiful shimmer (yes, I hate glitter on my face, but love it on my nails!). Paints on lovely - opaque in just two coats and dries pretty quickly too. Has been my go-to nail polish for months and I love it!

10. Rimmel London 60 Seconds One Coat Nail Polish in 819 Green with Envy. Is it blue? Is it green? I think this nail colour is both. A aquamarine metallic polish with a tiny hint of duochrome in the right lighting. Can be worn as a day polish or for an evening out. Also dries extremely quickly without streaking - perfect for people like me with no patience!


What products would you repurchase first? Let me know in the comments! x

6 comments:

  1. This is such a good post :) i think I would have to go and buy one of my favs face creams, a red lippy and a wake me up foundation

    Tanesha x
    www.tanesha-marie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I thought it was a clever idea as well. Loved your post about the lip art, never thought about doing ombre lips but I'm definitely going to try it out! xx

      Delete
  2. Good choices! I tagged you in my Liebster Blog Award :) http://pieceofbeauty1.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/the-liebster-blog-award.html
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh love the sound of the primer! I'm on the lookout for one so will check this out :-)
    I would definitely have to get foundation and concealer first! Can't live without them! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fantastic, it really is! And like the rest of the bareMinerals line, it's full of products that are great for your skin! I'm a concealer junkie as well, couldn't leave the house without it! xx

      Delete