Monday 16 July 2012

Hitlist Haul #1 | High Street / Drugstore

 

After creating my Beauty Hitlist (click to view) I have been trying to pick up all the products on it that are available in my local High Street/Drugstore shops. I have been very good, only buying products from my list (I even managed to survive a half price sale in Gordons Chemists!). Here are the products I decided to buy - let me know if you want a review/swatches of any of these products in the comments below!


L: Flash R: No Flash

First up I nipped into my local Superdrug to buy the Heaven and Earth palette by MUA. I was torn between this and the Undressed palette, but chose this one as I am very much a fan of a neutral eye. It is a lovely palette, with some highlight shades, a variety of neutrals, some golden tones and a few darker shades for your crease. I adore this palette and use it every day without fail! The pigmentation is fantastic and the shades last all day for me without primer, but stay more vibrant with some concealer or face primer as a base.


After hearing such great reviews about it online and from friends and family, I decided to try the Collection 2000 (which I hear are changing their name to simply "Collection") Lasting Perfection Concealer. My colour is Fair 1 which is the lightest shade in their colour range. A word of advice however, when swatching this concealer make sure to walk around the shop for a while to let it fully oxidate as it does darken after a few minutes. I'd advise to go for a lighter shade than normal, as it will darken by approximately one colour shade. From my initial impression of this product, I'm very impressed! I'll let you all know how I get on with it after a few weeks use.


I was desperate to get my hands on this new Kohl and Contour Shadow and Light eyeliner duo by Bourjois but couldn't find it in my local Superdrug! After rummaging through the eyeliners, I could only find the darker colour (Brun) as a single. I decided to half-heartedly look in Boots and managed to grab the only one left! From swatches this is a lovely duo, rather similar to Bobbi Brown's 2011 holiday collection duo eyeliners - only a fraction of the price! I'm really excited to use this duo!
 

I then went into the most dangerous shop in my town - Gordon's Chemists. For those of you who don't live in the UK, Gordons is a chemists which stocks makeup, fake tan, hair dye etc. in addition to their 'daily essentials' stock. The real problem for me however, is the fact that they usually have really good sales on! They had a better than half price sale running when I visited, so it killed me to leave with just this Schwarzkopf Got 2 Be Guardian Angel Heat Protectant! On the plus side, this product is really lovely! I've always accepted that straightening my hair would leave it a little frazzled (despite the fact my hair is 90% straight naturally) but this product leaves it soft, silky and smelling lovely! I'm a convert!


On my way back to the car, I couldn't resist popping into Superdrug again and having a look at the Revlon Colourburst Lip Butters. I had my heart set on Peach Parfait, but was absolutely devastated when I swatched it and realised that it was very shimmery/glittery! I'm not a fan of too much shimmer, so decided it wasn't for me. Berry Smoothie didn't originally catch my eye until I swatched it, and realised what a beautiful colour it was. It gives my lips a healthy sheen and glow of colour, without being 'clown-like'! With my pale skin, it's hard to wear bright lipsticks, so this colour was perfect for me.

Let me know which products you would like me to review in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment