Thursday 19 July 2012

7 Things for 7 Days

After reading Louise's (aka Sprinkle of Glitter) blog, I have decided to follow her example and start setting some small goals for each week in order to hopefully motivate myself into making the most of my summer holidays. As this is a Beauty blog, I'm going to limit these posts to a maximum of one update a week, but I would love for my readers to join in and try out this challenge on their own blogs! Comment me a link below and I'll happily check them out!

Photo from WeHeartIt
Read: Since I've been so busy with exams, then holidays and starting this blog, I haven't sat down to read a book in ages. This week, I'm going to start reading a novel and hopefully finish it within the week. I miss reading, and look forward to taking the time to sit back, relax and get lost in a good book.

Tidy: I'm going to tidy my desk. It's gotten slightly out of control and I'm determined to get to the place where I can see the wood again! Just need to find somewhere to store those old 'Bliss' magazines now...

Perfect: I am going to perfect the smokey eye look. I'm utterly awful at using dark eyeshadows, so am going to separate myself from my neutrals palette for a few days and master the art of the smokey eye before needing to use it on a night out.

Learn: I will finally force myself to sit down and do my Driving Test revision. Theory tests are my idea of hell, but I will definitely knuckle down and get revising this week.

Smile: As sappy as it sounds, I'm going to make people smile. Whether it's telling the angry looking lady behind the No7 counter that I like her nail polish or even just telling my friend that she makes me laugh, I'm going to try to spread some happiness around the world, or at least my local area.

Relax: I'm going to treat myself to a nice hot bath or shower, using all my 'posh' toiletries and generally giving my hair, body and face a good pampering!

Detox: My diet has been awful recently - I blame Spar's half price deals on crisps and biscuits. I'm going to have a detox day, drinking only water and eating only fruit, vegetables and lean meat along with extra special skincare and haircare to leave myself feeling healthy and happy. After this I'm going to desperately try to cut down on the rubbish I eat, but when it comes down to it, if that extra Asda cookie makes me smile, that's more important to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment